Operation Art Market: The BIG Plan
So now that I know what I’m making and how much time I have, I’ve broken out a detailed plan for how to actually get all this done! This is where my 12 Month project from last year has become really helpful… I think I got pretty good at making detailed lists last year in order to make SURE that a project got done and got done on time. So below I’ve broken out a full schedule of all things to be done before the Market date:
Market Date: June 16th, 2012 / Total Work Time: 12 weeks
Items to Sell: Felties & Wire Critters
Large Felties – 10 / Small Felties – 20
Large Wire Critters – 8 / Small Wire Critters – 15
Types of Critters: (this took some brainstorming with friends to nail down, and still may change some)
Felties – Cat, Dog, Fox, Lion, Owl, Snail
Wire Critters – Frogs, Lizards, Snails, Turtles, Bugs
To keep things doable and interesting, I’m focusing on large felted critters and small wire critters first… and then switching to small felted critters and large wire critters. I don’t really have much rhyme or reason other than wanting to get the large felted ones done first, since they are the most time-consuming of all.
– week 1: 5 large felted heads
– week 2: 5 large felted heads, Make 3 small wire critters
– week 3: 5 large bodies, Make 3 small wire critters
– week 4: 5 large bodies, Make 3 small wire critters
– week 5: Finishing touches on 5 large felties, Make 3 small wire critters
– week 6: Finishing touches on 5 large felties, Make 3 small wire critters
– week 7: Make 5 small felties, Make 2 large wire critters
– week 8: Make 5 small felties, Make 2 large wire critters
– week 9: Make 5 small felties, Make 2 large wire critters
– week 10: Make 5 small felties, Make 2 large wire critters
– weeks 11 & 12: Make business cards, get booth design nailed down and buy all supplies, Make price tags for all critters, and other misc items to be ready for the market!
So thats it… my big dream for 2012 and my big plan for achieving it! I’m actually a week in already, and on schedule so far with 5 large heads done. I’m sure this is going to be a pretty tall order and I may not make my total goal… but at LEAST there’s a plan to stick to! Off we go to make this thing happen!