Making Your Own 12 Months Project!
That’s right! You know you want to start out 2012 with your own awesome 12 Months (or 365, or 100 days, or 3 months, or whatever works for you!) I promised to share some info before the new year about setting up your own 12 Months of Creativity so that any of you hoping to start in January can get a little ahead of the game!
It’s embarassingly simple really…
1. Buy some notecards (preferably fun colors to jazz things up)
2. Spend a few days jotting down all the projects you might want to do next year… (if you have trouble getting started, take a look at the Project Suggestions Page!)
3. While you’re busy thinking up projects, have your friends & family think up some fun themes for you. I sent out a mass FB message/email briefly explaining the project and what I needed from them… I ended up with SO many wonderful themes I never would have thought of myself, so I recommend this! Plus, you know, less work for you. Always nice!
4. Once you’ve got all of that, spend an evening narrowing down your cards if need be (if you’re like me, you’ll probably have WAY more than needed!). I narrowed my project cards to around 20 and my theme cards to around 30. This kept things fun as I could never really remember what was left in the stacks each month.. oooh the lovely anticipation! A tip for narrowing… pick the ones that either excite you the most or scare you the most. A good mix of both ends of the spectrum makes for a great year, in my opinion!
5. Last but not least, write out all your items onto your snazzly colored cards – making sure to keep the themes and projects in separate stacks. That’s it! You’re totally ready to get creating! (see I told you… ridiculously simple eh?)
Oh and don’t forget to contact me via sarahtreanor[at]gmail[dot]com to introduce yourself and your project. I would so love to share it on the blog and let everyone know of the grand creativeness that is about to ensue in your life! If you create a blog to share the entire journey, please also include the link so I can make sure everyone gets to see!
Also, feel free to alter this structure however you like. This is just what excited me. If it sounds like too much or not enough for you, please change it up! Do a 365 days, 3 Months, 30 days… whatever works for you. Next year I plan to change it up to a quarterly structure, still doing something each month but focusing on only 4 types of projects for the full year. So whatever your flavor… we want to see it!
Alright… I’m going to wait patiently now for a mass of emails! *turns on Sex and the City reruns and waits*